This talk is an accessible introduction to computer vision and adversarial examples.
Why AI Thinks You’re A Toaster (and why you should care)
This talk is an accessible introduction to computer vision, adversarial examples, and the importance of recognizing the difference between how people and machines perceive the world.
This talk is open to beginners, but should provide interesting examples and ideas to chew on, even for folks with experience in ML and computer vision.
- convolutional neural networks, a type of deep learning for analyzing images
- challenges of incorporating automated decision-making into human environments
- exciting experiments in fooling AI systems and implications for privacy and human rights
B Cavello is a Program Lead at the Partnership on AI (PAI), a non-profit multi-stakeholder initiative focused on advancing the benefits and addressing the challenges of machine intelligence. B leads PAI research in areas such as fairness, transparency, AI's impact on labor, and works closely with PAI Partner organizations. Previously, B served as Senior Engagement Lead for IBM's AI division, the Watson Group, where they led strategic conversations with world leaders about implementing Artificial Intelligence in the real world. In June of 2017, B was recognized as an IBM LGBT+ 'Out Role Model' for championing diversity and inclusion in and beyond IBM.
6pm - 6:30pm: Networking
6:30pm - 7:30pm: Presentation + Q&A
7:30pm - 8pm: Networking
• Important to know
CODE OF CONDUCT
Anyone who violates or has previously violated this community's Code of Conduct will be refused entry, expelled, and/or any other action deemed appropriate by the Organizer, regardless of event registration, meetup membership or other condition.
• The mission of AI Inclusive is to increase the representation and participation of gender minority groups in AI.
We are emphatically queer and trans-friendly.
• Refreshments and food will be provided.
A huge thank you to The Partnership on AI (